Get to Know Shaina
- I knew I was a mom when… The minute I found out I was pregnant I had this overwhelming urge to protect my daughter. It wasn't about just me anymore. Instead, I was responsible for someone else, and my daily actions while pregnant affected her. It was a huge growing point for me, and I felt like my world expanded in a matter of minutes.
- I love my kids when…they're headed out the door to the bus for school and they stop to say goodbye and "I love you."
- I love my kids even when…they turn up their noses and claim the food I'm serving is inedible.
- My kids love me even when…I have to tell them no. There's nothing better than loving unconditionally and having it returned.
- Three words to describe my parenting style are… I strive to be patient, authoritative, and loving. Hopefully I succeed more than I fail.
- I know it’s time to recharge when…I can no longer concentrate on the task at hand. Sometimes taking a break, fixing a snack, exercising or taking care of yourself helps to get you back on track.
- One of my favorite moments with my kids is…sitting in the grass, a blanket spread in the middle, full of food from the garden.
- I feel most connected to my kids when…we're working on something together, be it an art project, a baking project, or playing in the great outdoors.
- With an extra hour in the day, I would…spend time reading books for me. I used to read often, and now I reserve personal reading to business trips on the plane…after my laptop battery dies.
- I hope my kids will remember the moments we...spend together as a family. We are always in the kitchen, at the farmers market, heading to the store together. Those simple, everyday tasks are what I hope they appreciate and take with them.
- I think one of the best things about motherhood is…watching my kids grow into little people.
- The most important thing I can share with my kids is…how to be a good steward.
- My desired legacy is...to inspire others to spend time with their kids teaching them how to take care of themselves and getting families to create in the kitchen together, and raising my own kids to do the same
See what else Shaina is bringing to the table at www.foodformyfamily.com/.