Get to Know Jessica
- I knew I was a mom when…I always knew I wanted to be a mother, but really felt that mothering nature awake in me during the year I worked as a nanny in Pennsylvania when I was 19 years old. It was the first time I’d really left my home state and the farthest I’ve ever been from my family. Taking care of those two little girls day after day made me realize just how much I longed to find my ‘prince charming’ and have some sweet little ones of my own.
- I love my kids when…They make me laugh, which is daily. If you can’t laugh when yogurt is dripping from the ceiling, you’re going to cry.
- I love my kids even when… They go through the potty training stage and every surface gets soaked (or smeared!) with matter that ought to be flushed.
- My kids love me even when…I hide in the laundry room and cry into a pile of towels… it happens sometimes!
- Three words to describe my parenting style are…I may not handle everything with aplomb but I’m really good at going with the flow. I’ve released (or at least repressed) my OCD tendencies for a perfectly sparkling clean and orderly house and for the most part, just enjoy the ride of living with four little ones who can make some pretty enormous messes.
- I know it’s time to recharge when…I want to slam a door. That’s when I know it’s time to call my girlfriends and go hunt up some yummy food and talk all night.
- One of my favorite moments with my kids was…When I apologized for getting upset that chores weren’t done in a timely manner and said, “I’m sorry kids, I’m just feeling frustrated,” and my oldest replied, “That’s okay mom, we’re used to it.” Hilarious, yet poignant.
- I feel most connected to my kids when…We’re all reading together before bed. We spend 2 – 3 hours reading whatever they want, it’s the best part of my day.
- With an extra hour in the day, I would…Sleep! Most definitely!
- I hope my kids will remember the moment(s) we...Laughed and took time to enjoy life!
- I think one of the best things about motherhood is…The opportunity to grow as a human being while nurturing these little ones.
- The most important thing I can share with my kids is…My love of reading and learning!
- My desired legacy is...Children who don’t sing, “Ding, dong, the witch is dead!” at my funeral.
Find more balance with Jessica at www.balancingeverything.com/.
Picking Your Battles05/09/2013
Book Club: Jessica's Pick04/04/2013
We Are Family04/04/2013
Navigating the Online Sea03/13/2013
Kindness in the Everyday01/10/2013
Lessons In Disguise10/12/2012
Book Club: Jessica's Pick10/12/2012
The Gathering Ritual09/06/2012
No Manners Dinner08/16/2012
Summertime Swim Camp
Balancing It All Through Routine06/21/2012
We read this book over and over, laughing every single time.