Subject: Kids Games
Relaxation strategies, like controlled breathing, can help you manage stress, create a sense of calm, and increase your overall resilience. The more you practice relaxation strategies, the more effective they will become. They're great for the whole family and can be easily incorporated into bedtime routines.
To practice controlled breathing:
- Get comfortable in your chair.
- Place one hand on your stomach, just below your rib cage.
- Inhale slowly through your nose to the count of two or four (whichever feels more comfortable); completely fill your lungs. You should feel your stomach muscles expand as you inhale.
- Pause briefly, then relax and exhale naturally through your lips to the count of four. You should feel your stomach muscles move back in.
- Try to make your breathing as smooth and as even as you can. Repeat this process for a few minutes initially, and build up to five to ten minutes.