Five Mirrors in My House04/18/2013
Get to Know Meagan
- I knew I was a mom when…my oldest son was performing in his first preschool holiday concert. I looked around at all the other moms and dads with cameras, sniffling, and thought, “Whoa, I’m one of them!” It was quite a mind-blowing moment.
- I love my kids when…they’re kind to each other.
- I love my kids even when…they whine. But sometimes I have to remind myself!
- My kids love me even when… I yell. So I try hard to say “I’m sorry” right away when I’m too harsh.
- Three words to describe my parenting style are…Relaxed, affectionate, firm. I think you can be all three at the same time!
- I know it’s time to recharge when…I start getting really irritated over little things – like wanting to yell at my six-year-old for singing too loud.
- One of my favorite moments with my kids is…when we’re all in the car together, going on a road trip. We have the best conversations in the car, and some of the funniest moments.
- I feel most connected to my kids when…they just sit next to me and tell me a story about their day or a thought they’re having. Those quiet moments are the best.
- With an extra hour in the day, I would…bake more cookies. It doesn’t seem there is much that makes my kids happier, and there’s almost nothing a plate of cookies can’t solve.
- I hope my kids will remember the moment(s) we…spent lying around on the sofa snuggling. The big ones don’t do it as much anymore, but I hope they haven’t forgotten.
- I think one of the best things about motherhood is…being surrounded by the people who are closest to you in the world, and having an opportunity to shape their lives.
- The most important thing I can share with my kids is…a sense of possibility. That they can be the people they want to be; and do the things they set their minds to.
- My desired legacy is...for my children to learn to approach life with purpose, positivity and a great sense of humor. I hope I’ve passed those three traits on to them.
For more happy thoughts from Meagan, visit www.thehappiestmom.com.
Book Club: Meagan’s Pick04/11/2013
A Little Extra Effort At Halloween12/20/2012
The Family That Laughs Together08/16/2012
Book Club: Meagan’s Pick07/05/2012
The Key to a Happy Summer07/05/2012
My Best Bits of Camping Advice06/07/2012
Connecting with my Party of Five05/16/2012